The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)

Od zlatnih 80tih do najnovih filmova.
remike2

The Man Who Wasn't There (2001)

Post by remike2 » 03 Feb 2011, 18:35

O filmu:
The Man Who Wasn't There is a 2001 American neo-noir film written and directed by Joel and Ethan Coen.

Glumačka postava:
Billy Bob Thornton
Frances McDormand
Michael Badalucco
Richard Jenkins
Scarlett Johansson

Plot:
1949, Santa Rosa, California. A laconic, chain-smoking barber with fallen arches tells a story of a man trying to escape a humdrum life. It's a tale of suspected adultery, blackmail, foul play, death, Sacramento city slickers, racial slurs, invented war heroics, shaved legs, a gamine piano player, aliens, and Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. Ed Crane cuts hair in his in-law's shop; his wife drinks and may be having an affair with her boss, Big Dave, who has $10,000 to invest in a second department store. Ed gets wind of a chance to make money in dry cleaning. Blackmail and investment are his opportunity to be more than a man no one notices. Settle in the chair and listen.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htxvLcSnOU0

Poster:
But, you know, I knew something must be rotten in Denmark. There was no way you could like me that much. Man, I can't tell you how relieved I was when you took off your dress, you... you didn't have a dick.

Michel

MIX MIX MARATON: PART EIGHT

Post by Michel » 11 May 2016, 15:59

The Man Who Wasn't There (2001) - vjerojatno najpodcjenjeniji film braće Coen. Baš mi je drago što sam otkrio ovaj dragulj, ovu filmčinu snimljenu u crno bijeloj tehnici. Kinematografija odlična, a Billy Bob Thornton u jednoj od svojih najboljih uloga kao Ed Crane, frizer koji radi u to mgradu godine 1949. što dovodi do toga da je film neo noir. Tu su još James Gandolfini, Frances McDormand kao njegova žena. Sve kreće na krivo kada Ed Crane želi ući u posao sa jednim tipom koji je očiti varalica. Naslov filma isto puno toga govori jer je film o tome i kako odmiče prema kraju, to se najbolje vidi. Posebno onaj dio kad hoda ulicom i kako ga nitko ne gleda zbog onoga što se dogodilo. Režija je isto vrhunska, među najboljim režijama braće Coen. Scenarij je tako dobar, pun baš se osjeti da gledaš nešto posebno. Volim kad nakon toliko pogledanih filmova braće Coen još uvijek nađem neki koji je odličan.

8========-.o/8==========o (8.6/10)
"You'll Enjoy Mr. Barlow. And He'll Enjoy You!"